Facilities | Frequently Asked Questions
Lotus Lodges is located in Sassafras. This central location is only a 2 minute drive/10 minute walk to the lovely shops and cafes. Local retailers include Miss Marples Tea Rooms, Cuckoo Restaurant, Cafe de Beaumarchais, The Fat Badger, Ripe Cafe, Cream at Sassafras, Sassafras Cafe, Geppettos Toy Store, Dine Divine, Tea Leaves and much much more.
With our self check-in and check-out process, you can be further assured of complete privacy and no need for physical interaction with staff, whilst enjoying the security of knowing that our on-call team are always available via text message or email if you have any questions during your stay. Check-in is between 2 PM and 5 PM and check-out is 11AM. We ask that guests ensure that they have printed out, and bring with them their booking confirmation as well as their arrival information email which contains vital information about accessing the property. We are happy to offer an early check-in / late check-out at no additional charge if there are no other guests due to depart/ arrive at the property on the day of your arrival/departure. Please contact us by text message or email the afternoon before your arrival/departure to confirm if this is possible.
Our professional cleaning contractors ensure that each cottage is cleaned and sanitised pursuant to the Department of Health Environmental cleaning and disinfection principles for COVID-19. To ensure that all guest linen is washed and sanitized to a high standard we outsource high quality, freshly laundered sheet and toweling products from an off-site commercial linen company for each stay.
There is one allocated parking space for each cottage. The surrounding streets are narrow and do not have available parking for additional cars, so we do ask that guests stick to our one vehicle per cottage policy.
Dogs are allowed to stay at the property with you, however there are some conditions. We ask that guests only bring small/medium-sized (<20kg) clean dogs that are well trained and used to being indoors. There is no outdoor fenced in area or yard, so pets must be on a leash at all times when outside to go to the toilet and their droppings must be picked up and disposed of in the outdoor garbage bin. Pets must be able to be kept indoors on their own while you are away from the property or go with you each time you leave. There is a pet surcharge applicable for each pet that stays with you to cover additional cleaning procedures after your stay. Cats and rabbits are not permitted.
For mobile massage and beauty treatments, please contact Nadine at Balance Therapies on www.balancetherapies.com.au.
Public transport buses operate in the Dandenong Ranges, please go to www.ptv.vic.gov.au for information. We also recommend Dandenong Ranges Taxi Service 9752 3077.
Full payment is required to confirm a booking - we do not take tentative bookings or partial payments.
As per all of our guest information, all communication must be via text message or email.
* Unfortunately establishing what areas guests have clear range is not possible or apparent.
* Even if phone reception appears to be available, more often than not the voice correspondence is broken and distorted.
* We implemented SMS correspondence for guests because even with minimal reception, text messages still will come through to our on-call staff.
* In matters of emergencies SMS messages have proven to be far better than broken and unclear voice correspondence. Which frustrates guests and personnel as multiple calls are made and there is little comprehension.
* Other than Telstra, other carriers have very limited coverage and again is why SMS messaging is superior.
* Where English may not be the first speaking language of our guests, SMS messaging makes it clearer for our on-call staff to comprehend what is being conveyed.
* SMS messaging allows us to forward matters to our emergency personnel far more efficiently.
* SMS messaging allows us to log call-outs clearly on our system.
* SMS messaging allows photos to be sent as oppose to attempting to explain something that is visual in a voice call.